2020 looks set to be the biggest year for black men beard styles of all ages and grooming styles. If you are considering growing one, or you have a beard already and are looking to change it up, this is the place to read all about black men’s beard styles.
Of course, there’s more to beards than just growing one and hoping for the best. You must first select what look you are wanting to sport and then begin shaping your growth into that style from the get-go. Beards are more than a trendy fashion statement; they are part of the face you choose to present to the world.
Looking to see what nice beard styles are in for 2019 is a smart move. It’s better not to change your mind about what beard style you want half-way into the growing process. Keeping your beard growth at a smooth and steady pace will help it take shape sooner. No matter if your bald or have a head for a hair, this post will outline effective styles to try for 2020.
Epic Trends for African American Beard Styles
We all have differently shaped faces, and there’s a beard to suit every one of us. Your mission for 2019 is to find the one that is going to add attraction and value to your look and your style. It must suit the shape of your face and your personality. If you have a particular hairstyle that people associate with you, make sure that you’re choosing a beard style to compliment it.
The good news is that there are hundreds of beard shapes and styles to suit the African American male: the full beard like Killer Mike, the 3-day “I just got back from a weekend away” growth, and the classic goatee/mustache combo. A black man’s secret is his elegance, so make a good first impression with a sexy, proud-looking beard.
There are no boundaries when it comes to black men beard styles. Longer beards look luxurious and impressive, and short ones or stubble look sporty and well-groomed. It all comes down to texture and how you trim the growth.
- Find out more about black men beard growth?
A quick browse through online reveals how diverse African American beard styles can be. The pared-back short goatee is a winning look, but thick, pampered facial coiffures can be seen more and more frequently. The takeaway from all of this information overload is that you should not limit yourself when it comes to your beard.
Grow some stubble first, and if you like what you see, allow it to grow a bit longer and thicker.
The top styles that are ruling the fashion arena for black men in 2019 are:
- Full stubble: Easy to grow and maintain, this is a carefree, casual look with a hint of a bad boy for good measure. Just because the description includes stubble doesn’t mean that you can neglect its upkeep. Regular trimming so that it keeps its shape will ensure your aesthetics stay on point.
- Goatee: Short beard styles for black men wouldn’t be complete without the goatee. Look at black men’s goatee style pictures, and you know the look is golden. This classic style can be any size and shape you want it to be. With or without a mustache, it looks distinguished and cool.
- The 24-hour stubble beard: Also known as the 3-day beard, contrary to popular belief, this beard takes a lot of upkeep. The cheeks and throat still have to be kept sleek. You can use oil to relax the growth and bring a shine, and a beard shampoo will keep growth optimal.
- The Soul Patch: Also called the Imperial, this look is created when you grow the small part of your beard between the lower lip and the chin. Trimming it into a soft, triangular shape is the perfect soul patch. It’s possible to match it with a mustache too. If the mustache is coaxed around the mouth and joins the soul patch, this is known as a chinstrap.
- The Hipster Beard: A full growth suits an older black man who wants a beard. It also happens to be highly stylish. When black men grow long, lush, full beards, it is always sexy. If you keep this style well maintained, it will be a thing of beauty. Pamper it with all the finest products specifically made for black men’s beards.
- The Full Beard: This is a simple style that adds a friendly aura to the personality. It goes perfectly with all sorts of haircuts. You can trim it back or grow it to be exceptionally long and full. Be sure to use good beard shampoo and conditioner to keep it shiny and lush.
Black men’s mustache styles can be the perfect addition to a beard. You know when you underline something, it draws attention to it, and the same goes for mustaches. There is a wide selection of mustache waxes and grooming aids that will keep your mustache in excellent shape.
Top 100 Most Popular & Trendy Black Men Beard Styles:
- Van Dyke
- Curved beard; Anchor beard (Balbo)
- The Nicolas II; Chin curtain
- Mutton chops
- Friendly mutton chops
- Circle beard;
- Shaved beard (the clean face look is also a style – check out how Idris Elba sports it)
- The Ducktail
- The Split-in-two
- The Garibaldi
- The Verdi
- Dutch variation
- Bald + Beard
- The Chin Puff
- The Angular beard
- Friendly chinstrap
- The dyed goatee
- The Professional
- The Barely-there
- Little goatee
- Fun chinstrap
- The Disconnected
- Circle; The Almost shaved
- The Wrestler
- The Rough Brisk
- The Sharp Thin
- The Thick
- Long Puffy
- Stylish Curvy
- The Square-jawed
- Thin Chinstrap
- Light Tapered
- The Elegant short beard
- The Laidback
- Cool beard with thin sideburns
- The Curvy Hipster
- The French beard
- The Stylish
- Full Beard style
- Short beard with Baldhead
- African Celebrity beard
- Properly Groomed beard
- Classy beard
- Businessman Facial beard
- Nerdy Look
- Chin beard with braided hair
- The Scruff; Mustache goatee
- Chinstrap goatee
- Jawline beard
- Formal beard
- impressive formal
- The Carved100 Popular Beard Styles for Black Men
If you are unsure as to what style beard will suit your face shape, there is no need to panic. If you don’t like what you see, don’t be afraid to trim it back and start all over again. Learn more about black men beard care products.